Busy Busy Little Bees...

I have to admit that this continuing grey, cold and rainy weather is bringing out the darker side... so when I typed in the title to this latest blog entry 'busy busy little bees...' I couldn't help but think of Joachim Phoenix's messed up character Emperor Commodus in the movie 'Gladiator' when he is warning his sister that he knows the plot against him has been found out... but enough of that - I am glad that I was able to show our wonderfully busy busy little bees in the garden - they are hard to capture! I wanted to get closer but my little digital has it's limitations.


I have observed that they (the bee's) seem absolutely focused on two plants in particular in the garden - the alliums and the angelica - their nectar must be sweet. You can see their little bodies loaded up with orangey pollen. Every time I'm at the garden (uh, pretty much every day) they seem to be all over these two plants...Did you know that there are two bee hives down the block near the railroad tracks in what is called the 'burm' - run by volunteers in the Maple Community Garden? I'm not sure if that is why we have so many honey bees this year - but it is a good thing! 








Let's put all our mental energy and thoughts to bringing back the sun!! Happy gardening... and
Solas na gréine (which means sunshine in irish)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great shots D!!!